Daddy's Home!

Oh hey there, it's been a while, huh? Funny how having daddy home sometimes means having less time on your hands :) Nonetheless, we are THRILLED!

B was able to come home a night early, so I woke the kiddos up and drove to the airport with them in their jammies to pick up daddy. You would have thought we were going to the Oscars. Gabbi had to tell everyone what she was wearing and she was a chatterbox the whole way to the airport- even at 10:00 at night. We got B and packed up the car and headed home. But not without tears. That's right. My sweet 3 year old with such a big heart sat in her car seat with tears streaming down her face. When we asked her what was wrong, she answered, "I'm just so happy you're home safe, daddy!" That girl is so special.

She and her brother spent the next 24-48 hours STARING at their daddy, almost checking if this was for real.

It was pretty sweet.


Brent apparently also wanted to make sure B had plenty of kisses :)

After that we had a week full of car drama that's not even worth talking about because the Lord will provide! But man does a week go by fast :)

Around the same time Daddy came home our old friends from NC came into town to visit. We haven't seen them in almost 3 years...can you believe it? One amazing blessing of the military is you end up with friends all over the nation and you never know when your paths will cross again. Gabbi and Sammy were instant friends when we met back in NC. Check out these old pics!

Sam caught Gabbi's eye early on :)


Look at these two now!


They had a BLAST together!


Here's one of all the kids- I'm telling you, that Jack is as sweet as sugar! He's just precious!


We even got a formal invitation from Sammy to visit him at his "yellow house" someday. We had so much fun together, I would LOVE to make it out to the famous yellow house in Colorado!

We've been doing the 24 Day Challenge here in the Olsen household. Can I just tell you that I feel amazing? 10 day cleanse of being Dairy free, wheat free, salt free, sugar free, and alcohol free. I have to say I even notice a change in my little man! Very excited about Advocare and the path the Lord is leading us on with them. Point is, we've been eating healthier and I found a super yummy recipe on Pinterest (of course I did) for Baked balsamic green beans with mushrooms. You know me, I'm not good at following recipes, so I didn't measure anything and I just used olive oil, balsamic, half a lemon and some ground pepper. It was perfect with Salmon and brown rice. So Gabbi helped me snap the green beans, just like I used to do with my mom.


We even taste tested a few and it brought me back to being 5 years old, outside in the garden with mom in MI. I love where memories lead you....

No after picture...maybe because I was SO excited to eat them?! They were amazing!
I think that's all the excitement here for now :) Thanks for listening!

Comments

Popular Posts