Artsy Chick

I've been trying to do some hands on projects with Gabbi to get her away from the TV but also to try and practice her letter recognition. I saw this idea on Pinterest. Just washable fingerpaints in a baggie taped to a window. Best part=NO MESS!


I let her just play for a while and then we drew/traced a few letters...

We get Highlights' High Five magazine every month as a gift from Ma and Pa. There are a few things that are still a little old for Gabbi but this last issue, we turned to a story and circled the G's, B's, and D's with different color pens. She was really great at it. And they had a cute craft to do. All you need is tissue paper cut into squares, some sticks, a mason jar or something similar, and some twistee ties. We were supposed to use yellow tissue paper so it looked like forsythia-my FAVE-but all i had was red....


Cute little center piece!

And Gabbi started drawing people. I love it. When I woke up on Sunday, she had drawn these three. So I framed them for her room. Look closely, she adds a belly button to each person :)

Comments

  1. Love the paint idea...doing it for sure! Hope you are well. Your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I love the paint idea too. My kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts