Called to Serve

My life is so easy. I am so blessed. I don't know what took me so long to come to this realization. I've seen those without. I've seen those crushed and lost to depression. I've seen lonely. I've been to each of those places, and yet, I'm still here. And complaining! How dare I! I am loved. I am beyond blessed. I have a husband that I'm crazy about and who treats me like a queen. I have a daughter that I adore and who brightens up my life. I have a family that said, "Yes" when I asked if I could move back home during deployments- first pregnant, and then with an infant AND a dog. I have shoes on my feet. I have clothes on my back- more clothes than I need. I have delicious food in my belly. And yet I allow myself pity parties.

Why are priorities so difficult? Tonight was my wake up call. I sit here with tears in my eyes after reading some of the most emotional and heartwrenching words. Katie, though I've never met her, is my hero. http://amazima.org/blog.html What an amazing and strong woman she is. When I first heard of her, I thought we had something in common. In reality, we visited the same continent. But she stayed. Her every breath is an answer to God's call to her. My every breath is not.

Volunteering, serving, giving- this cannot simply be a phase in my life that ended after college. I am still called to serve.

Comments

Popular Posts