Ash Wednesday- There are No Words....Seriously

Ash Wednesday is today. Usually we would be at church, but a sick baby and in my current state (I’ll explain in a bit), we won’t be going today. I was talking to Bernard the other day and he asked me what I was giving up for lent. I told him I didn’t know. In all honesty, I hadn’t even THOUGHT about it. How awful is that? This is such an important time in our faith; especially when I’m feeling like I need a boost or renewal of faith. I expressed to both Bernard and my mom that what I really wanted to do what find a way to not let the little things feel like big things. I mean to an outsider looking in, the dog walking in front of me and Gabbi pulling out her pony tail are not a big deal. But for some reason when it’s just me here and especially recently, I can’t seem to convince myself that it’s not the end of the world. I get so frustrated. I find myself raising my voice and sounding like one of “those moms” I swore I’d never be. How can I possibly fix this problem?

Then I lost my voice. Is this a sign from God? Is this what you want me working on Lord? Being a godly woman and mother in all ways, even in my speech and temperament? Ok. I get it. Clear enough. Day one. Let’s see how it goes.


“As the beginning of Lent, Ash Wednesday calls us to the conversion journey that marks the season.” http://www.americancatholic.org/newsletters/cu/ac0204.asp

Comments

  1. Gotta LOVE those obvious signs that just slap ya in the face!!! Hope you & Gabbi feel better!! I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts