Happy Mother's Day


Mother’s Day this year didn’t quite look like I had planned. When you are a mom to Littles, and you spend your days cutting 100 nails, wiping several bottoms and answer 1000 questions, you often joke that all you want is a day of peace and rest. Well, this year for Mother’s Day, I got the flu. So I suppose I did get three days of rest, however they weren’t as glorious as I anticipated.

I didn’t get to see my mom this Mother’s Day because #Quarantine, but she sent me a text sharing with me her “mom highs and lows” from our relationship over the years. She encouraged me to do the same and for us to repeat this new tradition with each other every year. So I thought it would be fun to share with you guys my “mom high” and “mom low” for the 2018-2019 year.

My high would be spontaneously loading up my kids and driving 4 hours solo to Kentucky over spring break to surprise my Grandparents. I have the most special memories with them from when I was a kid and if I’m being honest with myself, I know the amount of time that we have left with them is growing smaller and smaller. It was so worth it to see their faces and hear their excitement when they stepped out of the car and were able to snuggle Gia for just the second time. We spent just a short period of time with them because our chaos can be overwhelming for anyone, but we made some wonderful memories.

I have a lot of mom fails :-) however the one that is standing out at the moment is perhaps my most recent. I recently ended a workout at the gym to find nine missed calls and four text messages on my phone that was in the kiddie corral with Bryce. My kids’ school had been trying to get in touch with me and when they couldn’t reach me, they tried getting in touch with my husband, who was with me, my mom, my dad, and just about anybody else that they could think of because our poor son had been thrown up on and was sitting in the nurse’s office waiting for a change of clothes. It took us an hour from the time they first tried as to the time we were able to deliver the clothes. Thankfully when daddy came to the rescue, Brent was in good spirit and had been loaned 50% new clothing by the school nurse.

That’s what motherhood is folks; the good and the bad, wins and fails day after day, but I sure wouldn’t change it for the world. 

Happy Mother’s day!






Comments

Popular Posts