Kiddie Quirks


Sometimes it’s hard to remember to write down those funny things that happen on a daily basis. You think you'll never forget when he said his first word, and yet you'll find yourself rummaging back through the calendar to pinpoint the exact date. While it's on my mind, here are a few of the first and quirks that make my kiddos one of a kind :)
 
 
 



 Gabbi

-you never wear matching socks. I thought at first this may be because you couldn’t find a match. However, when I found you unfolding ever pair of socks, I realized this is a signature.

-you use to term “to dead" someone. i.e.: if you kill a bug you exclaim "I dead him!" or if you and daddy are in a pillow fight you'll run to hide behind me and say, "he's trying to dead me!"

 
-you are your brother's best friend. He may not be yours yet, but he adores you. You make him laugh harder than anyone else can, and he looks for you every time he wakes up.

 
-every night during bedtime prayers, you ask me to pray for someone new. You are so tender hearted and you are so concerned with what's going on in everyone's life. You’re the first to ask me to pray when you hear sirens and if you hear that someone is sick or having a bad day, you'll stop what you're doing and have us all pray.

 
-as girly as you are -pink tutu, 17 pieces of jewelry, high heels and a wig- you still love sitting down with daddy at night to watch the "alligator show" the "fish show" or even football.


 
Brent

-you are almost one, and yet I can't seem to get over thinking of you as my baby. You finally started signing back to me, really just "more" and "all done" but you are so pleased with yourself when you do it

-you love dinosaurs and cars. Everytime you see your dinosaurs you ROAR at them, and you have exactly one hotwheels car that you clutch in your hand often. I cant make a car noise, so daddy's trying to teach you the VROOM sound. You dont quite have it down, but you'll hold the car out to me and say, "dada uhhhhh" kind of like you're clearing your throat :)


-you can play catch. Legit. I roll you the ball, you pick it up and pump your first while I count to three and then chuck it at me. You have QUITE the arm-which you also like to use to show me you're done playing with something.

 
-we're working on standing, but you enjoy falling on your booty so much, I dont know that you're ever going to figure that one out.

-to you, it is always time to eat. You ate half of a (chicken)burger the other night for dinner. You'll commonly down half a sweet potato, a handful or broccoli and a large chunk of salmon. You're also a bit of a chocoholic. If you hear any wrapper open, you'll come crawling over -fullspeed- crying "num num num num" certain it's your Kids Clif Zbars that you enjoy scarfing down almost as much as you enjoy painting your face with.


 
 

Comments

  1. You'll be so glad that you wrote all of those precious things down. When you're running around with six kids, you'll hardly have time to record all of their sweetness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the "dead me" part. I'm getting worse and worse at documenting things. It's like M's my 3rd child or something. ;) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts