Working on Marriage


Remember when you got married and someone told you, "Marriage is hard work."? Then you laughed and said, "Haha maybe for you, but surely not for me!" Jokes on you, right? It sure as heck is hard work. And that's part of the beauty of it. When you get married you become one person. That requires some dying to yourself and realizing that you are eternally part of a team now. And it means trials, because that IS God's plan.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:2-4


5 years of marriage is marked for me this Saturday and I can honestly say it has been a road of constant growth, joy, hardship, blessings and trials. But through it all, Bernard and I have grown closer, come to know each other better, come to know ourselves better, and hopefully, gained a slightly bigger glimpse at the Lord's plan for our lives.


A dear friend of mine is courting a young woman and recently emailed Bernard and I for a little wedded advice. He sent these three questions and I think answering them has been just a beneficial to Bernard and I as it may be for our friend. 

Who do you know that you can serve by asking the tough questions when no one else is? Just a thought...surely I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes... ;)

 

1) Gina and Bernard - Based on my personality, what are some things about my specific personality that you could see cause problems in a marriage?

2) What are some questions you wished people would have asked you guys about your relationship before you got married? The hard questions...

3) What do you see as some important things to start working on now, for preparing for marriage? (Not wedding stuff) but for everything after the wedding.


Please be dead honest with me/us. Have no fear.

Comments

  1. There is lots of hard work...but what a reward as the years pass by! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts