Hey!!


You know what I’m not good at? Well, besides baking, lying, talking quietly and not eating every piece of chocolate in my house?? Casual greetings. I just don’t have it in me to bump into a friend with a subtle, “Oh, hey! (insert smile and wave here)” 

I am a hugger. 

It’s hard for me to stay on the couch when I hear the garage door open, signaling me that my hubby is home for the day. My insides are literally bouncing around as I busy myself around the house to give him the appropriate amount of space and not pounce on him as he walks in the door. 

I just love friendly greetings. 

Whether I’m showing up for a playdate or I have an unannounced guest, to me the proper salutation just feels incomplete without a hug. I don’t really care about the possible invasion of personal space. Maybe it’s the southern in me. Or the Italian. Or the southern Italian. Either way, I feel like a fraud with just a, “hi.” 

And the sign of peace? Forgetaboutit. I would seriously hug the entire congregation if there was time! What better way to share “Peace and love of our Lord Jesus Christ” than to give that little old lady next to me a big squeeze? Sure I have baby drool on my arm and maybe a cheerio or two on my dress, but a hug just seems necessary.

So there. I put it out there. 

I hug. 

And I’m proud of it.

Consider yourself warned.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts