Crafting

So I always thought I'd be a super crafty mommy- not so much. I always see super cute ideas, but my patience with a 3 year old is apparently lacking. Nonetheless, here are a few crafts we've done this holiday season and one from a while ago that I was just telling a friend about. Maybe this will inspire me to be better at this! Gabbi loves loves loves crafts and its a fun activity to do with friends on a playdate :)

We took some cardboard pieces left over from daddy's new dress shirts and new baby sheets and cut them into the shape of ornaments. You can attach scrap ribbon or use pipe cleaners to hang. The background of the feather ornament is actually a napkin from Ikea and the tree on the other one is made from scraps of foam pieces.




This looks a little more like a Muppet than a snowman, but it's kinda cute with their movie just coming out! Just three craft "pompoms" and a pipe cleaner cut in thirds. (Glue guns are the best thing ever, btw)



Classic pipe cleaner candy cane. We'll do more of these and put them on our tree.



This one we did a few Valentine's ago when daddy was deployed, but you could do it for any holiday. We sent him one along with all the grandparents. Big hit! Some even kept it out or on their fridge till Christmas and then added it to their tree! I sent with this note:

Since I cannot touch your face
mommy took my hands to trace.
I send to you with lots of love
a true-to-size Valentine’s hug.



This is my favorite. I save all the magnets I get in the mail from pizza places, realtors, etc and then we cover them and make our own! Here are a few:

Comments

  1. I vote that you ARE a super crafty mama! I see homeschooling in your future ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts