Brenton Benjamin




So since my last post, my beautiful family of three has grown to a fabulous family of four! Brenton Benjamin made his debut September 18 at 1:20am. He weighed in at 7lbs 1oz (pretty big for only 36 wks!) On the 17th, I had a lunch "Sprinkle" with my girlfriends here in FL. It was so fun! I have been praying for over a year that the Lord would bring the right set of women into my life. It may have taken longer than I expected, but I finally have several close, godly women with beautiful children to call friends.



I feel so blessed right now. Bernard was able to be here for this entire pregnancy and Brent's birth! Three years is definitely a bigger gap between the kids than we had planned, but God really knows what He's doing. Gabbi is wonderful with Brent! She loves being a big helper and i catch her saying the sweetest things to him. When she walked into the hospital room to meet him, she was yelling, "I love you Brent!" from the door before she had ever laid eyes on him. Before she left, she looked at me and said, "Brent smells like candy!" If he starts crying she'll drop what she's doing and go over to him, "Shh, Shh, Shh..it's ok buddy, I'm right here!" and when we're driving in the car, she helps hold his paci in his mouth, since he hasn't figured that one out yet. Today we went to Toys R Us so Gabbi could shop with some gift cards from her birthday; she kept picking things out for Brent :)



The transition from one child to two has been so much more smooth and wonderful than I could have even imagined.I'm sure there will be days (even years!) when it seems more exhausting, but I feel so blessed and so incredibly happy.

Thank you Lord for this family, for the friends you have placed in my life, and for the love I have been able to witness growing in my daughter's heart.

Comments

  1. Love this :) You're the sweetest Mama---Gab and Brent sure are lucky <3

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! your babies are precious! I miss you so much and am so glad you have found some good friends. You deserve them, and they are blessed to have you! Call me sometime. I crushed my phone in the car door and lost all my contacts ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts