Back in the Saddle



18 months. That's how long it's been since I last wrote a blog. Since I last took the time to sit here and type out what God was laying on my heart. Part of me thinks it's pointless- among the diaper changes, the loads of laundry, the meals and the toys that need to be picked up. How many people can I really touch with this anyway? But part of me always has that longing. The desire to write and listen and let Him work.

Four kids is no joke, ya'll. It's not that #4 is hard, or that I can pinpoint which one of these four goons makes life the most challenging- it's the balance of it all. Finding the balance of being a hermit and making playdates; of filling the needs of four little ones. Two that are really dad gum close in age. And still remembering to put my husband first. And to make my relationship with the Lord first before ALL them. That's the hard part. Am I entertaining the older two enough? Am I showing the younger two enough affection? Do I remember to brush my hair or even shower- anything to remind my sweet hubby why he found me desirable 12 years ago...

But I've been learning a lot. And for that I'm so thankful. Learning to listen. To Him, to my kids, to my husband. Learning to speak up. And learning daily that centering myself in Christ will help align everything else in life.

Right now I'm reading this: http://www.ignatius.com/Products/SJPG-H/saint-john-paul-the-great.aspx

And I've listened to this: http://podbay.fm/show/273537688/e/1465843059?autostart=1

It's all so good.

I've been trying to pray a Novena consistently too. I feel like it helps in my prayer life. I like going here: http://www.praymorenovenas.com/

I still have a lot of work to do. And I still have a lot to say, but for now I'm two glasses of wine in and way past my bedtime. Tonight I'll just dust off the keyboard and get started...Until next time.


Comments

Popular Posts